Wednesday, February 21, 2007

CAT/PET scans....

I went to get my CT/PET scan done. It was not what I expected, but what do I know? First, you can only have water for 5 hours before the scan, not even sugar free gum. I was taken to a room and after answering all kinds of questions, I got to have radioactive glucose (sugar) into my blood. I then got to go to a dark room and try to watch TV or take a nap in a recliner for an hour. After that I was excorted to get scanned. I got to lay still for 30 minutes with my arms over my head holding onto handles while I went back and forth through a tube. My parting gift was a bottle of water and a chewy choc. chip granola bar.
Next I will have a fine needle biopsy and meet with a medical oncologist. My "medical team" will then decide where to go from there. Good news is that I get to go back to school tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a torture chamber. At least you got chocolate.

Anonymous said...

Amy,

I've had needle biopsy several times. It'a not bad at all.

We're praying nonstop!!!

Get well.
Beth