Friday, February 23, 2007

Suprise! You get a find needle biopsy!

I called the surgeon's office today wondering what my CT/PET scan results were. She wasn't there, but I spoke to her sweet nurse who I pointed out that I was told I would have a biopsy, but there wasn't one scheduled. I got a surprise phone call about the time I sat down to eat my lunch that I needed to be at the dr's office in 80 minutes to get a fine needle biopsy. Thanks to some gracious people at work, my classes were covered, and I ran to the doctor.
I got there on time, not knowing I was being "worked in," and got to practice patience. The people were so nice, that it was no problem waiting by the time they were able to get around to me.
When I heard "fine needle biopsy", I pictured tiny needles like they use to give flu shots. What the doctor pulled out looked more like something one would use to dispense a shot to an elephant. It didn't hurt at all, but it was an odd feeling, and I AM sore. I think I will run and take a nap. I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy,
Keep up the positive attitude & good spirits.
You will be continually in my thought & prayers.
Angela

AlottaBS said...

Amy, for those of us who missed the first part, can you tell us what prompted you to get "checked out". Many of us are keeping you in our prayers.
Becky