Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Official diagnosis.

First the bad news:
Report:Stage IV Breast Cancer
Biopsy result: Invasive mammary carcinoma, favor poorly differentiated ductal carcinoma.
CT result: Cancer believed to also be in liver, left hip bone, and breast and armpit nodes.
They are still going over biopsy to find if estrogen receptor and something else.
They are going to start with chemo, and put a port in asap.
I will be starting chemo on March 8.

Now the good news:
I have a GREAT medical oncologist. He knows his stuff, he's a believer, he's married to a teacher, and he's from the same area of the woods at my husband's family and even knows some of the same people.
GOD is great.
My husband, friends, and family are awesome, and I feel so grateful for them.
I am willing to do whatever the doctors tell me to do to beat this thing.


I know people feel helpless and want to do things to make me feel better, but please no flowers or plants. I don't know why, but I kill them pretty easily no matter how hard I try. If you want to send something, a card, a prayer, a letter or something practical will be more appreciated. I don't want to solicit for anything, but I do know what it feels like to be helpless and not know what to do.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy, These Bible verses mean alot to me, I hope can see God's faithfulness in them too.
Isaiah 40:28-31

Isaiah 43:1-3

Anonymous said...

Just remember..mohawk...hot pink or neon green..and forget you, get out of the way...I have cancer.

Love, Me

Anonymous said...

JUST CHECKING TO SEE IF I CAN DO THIS. BILL SAID HE HAD INVITED YOU TO COME TO DALLAS FOR THE WEEKEND. THAT SOUNDS LIKE IT MIGHT BE A REAL NICE GET AWAY AND LOTS OF SUPPORT ALSO. I HOPE YOU CAN GO AND ALSO GET TO SEE JEFF JESSICA AND GRANT. I AM RESPONDING TO THE INJECTION FOR MY BACK. I AM AVAILABLE TO COME TO HOLD HANDS,HEADS ETC. IT SOUNDS LIKE GOD IS WALKING BESIDE YOU. REMEMBER WHEN HE NEEDS TO HE WILL CARRY YOU. LOVE YOU LOTS,PAT