Thursday, August 20, 2009

Friends Rule!
















Last weekend with a little help from friends and family I got to go to Chicago to see if I qualifed for a drug trial for my particular type of cancer. I also got to see a group of friends that I have become very close to since my recurrance in May. I was already friends with two of them because one is in my treatment group (Ruth) and the other was a host when I needed a place to stay in Dallas during the Young Survival Coalition Conference last year (Becca). Jen, one of the gals from Chicago had a recurrance almost in the exact place and is doing the chemotherapy I will start next month and she will start radiation that I'm taking now...add on the friends everybody else had and we had a little group that got together at one time in Chicago almost by accident at one time. I didn't know as many of the people on the boards since I mostly "stalked" instead of typed, but I am so glad I got to meet the rest: Pam, Lesley, Tracey, Chex, and Cassie. There are so many women I haven't got to meet but every time I connect with a lady who has overcome this crap and made it on a better side I can't help but stand in awe.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Aww Amy! I'm so glad everything worked out and you got to go. I want to hear all the details soon! :)

Anonymous said...

That looks like a great group of gals. I know it makes it easier to have each other.Love Pat

Beth said...

Everyone looks fantastic!!!!