Friday, August 6, 2010

Reconstruction...I'm back to a pair!

I'm back to a full load again...not my marbles (they're still lost) but "the twins". I had a DIEP flap surgery on July 29. In normal people speak, the plastic surgeon used tissue from my tummy area to build a new breast mound. It is a long surgery because it includes microsurgery connecting blood vessles...I was in the OR from 8:30 to 2:30. I spend 48 hours in ICU because the staff needed to monitor the new breast and make sure it took. I spent another day in the hospital to make sure things were going well and have been home getting better every day. When I came out of surgery, I had four drainage tubes: two from the breast and two from my abdomen. I left the hospital with three, and now have only one tube. I get to wear a very unsexy and uncomfortable surgery compression garment for six weeks.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

What?! No pictures?!

Bahahahaha! So happy you have a new foob!!!