Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy Cancerversary To Me!!!

It was actually yesterday. For the life of me I have to think hard to remember my anniversary, but I will never forget the day I was told I had breast cancer(don't tell Chris). If you told me two years ago that I would be healthy and cancer free (dancing with NED, as a friend put it), I would have thought you were pulling my leg or just trying to make me feel better.

Well, according to the statitistics, I have about a 15% chance of living three more years. I have a hard time believing that, and will be here ten years later just barely remembering to post to this blog...

Now I just can't wait for my darn hair to finish growing out!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats Amy!

Becky said...

WTG Amy. Please remember Nancy Gartman in your prayers. She just lost her 40 yr old daughter Staci McAuley to cancer (breast) and she herself has been battling it again for the last 6.5 years. (Staci was Kate and Jake's music teacher) Even though I don't call, I still have you in my thoughts!

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo! Here's to another 50+ years! I just realized that we were d/x on the very same day!

Ruth said...

Amy - I've met you in person and can honestly say, there is NO EXPIRATION DATE ON YOUR FOREHEAD. Don't give those statistics another thought!

Love, Ruth