Saturday, June 21, 2008

Control

CONTROL...it has been a life long issue with me.
When I was diagnosed with something completely beyond my control, when my own body betrayed me, I had to change my mindset or go crazy. (I am very talented at the crazies, by the way)
I had to make a decision that I was going to practice life, because I don't know how much life I have left. I could easily drop into thoughts of death, and I do...but without fear. I've just made decisions about end of life issues, and then let the thoughts go.
Do I ever get scared? Hell, yes...but I have to let it go or the fear will consume me.
I don't let things go on my own...I have to ask God, and then allow Him to help. It isn't easy because I want to be in control over something I have absolutely no control over...DUH!
I have nothing else to add, just that this has stirred up some thoughts in my little head.
Amy

No comments: