Thursday, December 20, 2007

I haven't posted in a while because of two reasons: first, I've been VERY busy, and I've been concerned about a weird new thing that started happening a few weeks ago, and I didn't want to say anything, but I didn't want to keep anything away from anybody until I knew what was going on. My arms and hands have been going numb and to the "pin and needle" feeling. It has been very upsetting to me because I know somebody with spinal metastasis and didn't want that to be me. The good news is that it is just neurothapy due to the chemo and that there are no new tumors to report since my PET scan last week. The bad news is that my arms and hands go numb every now and then. My doctor is so awesome. He was quick to make me feel at ease and recommend some things that will help...I hope.

Today was the last day of the first semester. With some awesome help, I'm done grading the semester tests, and I believe all my students passed my class. I think that is the first time that has happened in my career, and that is awesome. We're out for Christmas Break, and I get to go home to Amarillo soon. Most of my extended family lives within 90 minutes of Amarillo, and I hope to see all of them.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear that it's "just" neuropathy. That is not fun at all!I had it in my hands and feet too! It's much better in the hands now, but still have problems with the feet.

Ruth said...

You still have numbness from chemo??? Did they say if it was the Taxotere, or maybe Herceptin? Just curious which one is the culprit. I had it during Taxol, but no more.... I'm sorry you're still dealing with that. Have a wonderful Christmas. You deserve it! (Is this your first Christmas as a MOM???)